Here are some awesome articles and pages I read over the week. I hope you like them too.
- Study – Military planners believe that EU collapse is conceivable. The world is crazy right now. Reading this gives me pause that the future could be great…or it could be much different…(Spiegel)
- The Curse of Econ 101. “When it comes to basic policy questions such as the minimum wage, introductory economics can be more misleading than it is helpful.” (The Atlantic)
- What Explains U.S. Mass Shootings? International Comparisons Suggest an Answer. And the answer is? Yes, access to guns. (NY Times)
- America’s ‘Retail Apocalypse’ Is Really Just Beginning. One word – DEBT. (Bloomberg)
- Automation in Everyday Life. “Americans express more worry than enthusiasm about coming developments in automation – from driverless vehicles to a world in which machines perform many jobs currently done by humans” (Pew Research Center)
- 242 Startup Failure Post-Mortems. When I climbed a lot back in the day, I used to read the Accidents in North American Mountaineering. Mostly to learn how not to die. I’m a huge fan of post-mortems for startups as well. Lots of valuable advice. (CB Insights)
- Doing Data Science Right. Your Most Common Questions Answered. Good, actionable advice on – you guessed it – doing data science right. (First Round Capital)
- Earth on AWS. Excellent resource if you’re doing GIS, maps, or anything involving satellite imagery. (AWS)
- APPLE AT ITS BEST. Stratechery also at its best, with their always world class analysis. Great insight into Apple’s future. (Stratechery)
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.